Sunday 17 December 2017

Little story how it all started :)

Morning!


I know it will be really strange as its almost a year since I've started this blog... but I just realised I actually never introduce myself and never told you who I am, what I am doing, how it all started and many other things! So really sorry for that and I will quickly catch up now!



As you already know from my site brief introduction I'm Magda and I'm living in London. However I'm originally from Poland. When I was 19yo I left Poland to study in Edinburgh, UK. I've spend there few years and even though I really liked Edi the weather up there was horrible. I can seriously count on fingers of my 1 (ONE) hand days that I could actually wear shorts within 6 years I've been there. So imagine the rest! Of course there were nice days but mainly clouds or rain and highest of 18 degrees. Then at one point me and my fiance at the time decided to move to London. And it all starts here.



I've always been rather DIY person. Since I was teenager I was always first to take screwdriver and assembly IKEA furniture at home and do little more scrap related DIY. So when I actually start planning our wedding I knew I would love to do as much as possible by myself. About 1,5 year before the big day I've already planned wedding invitations! I didn't have a clue how to do them, what craft tools I will need or how to start but I was so excited that shortly after I started gathering necessary essentials (and quickly I found how little I knew what was classified as "essential" and I ended up with a lot of rubbish that I never needed! 😜).



On my first trip to Hobby Craft I bought Sizzix Big Shot machine as I though it is so cool and I will be able to do so much on it. The same day when I opened the box I realized how silly I was. I knew nothing about machine, bought it thinking I will be able to do all stuff straight away and imagine my silly disappointment when I found out machine comes with no cutting dies at all and each cost between £5-10! Quickly I've decided that due to complete lack of experience I'm actually too "new" to crafting to own the machine and returned it back to the shop! Instead I bought great X-cut guillotine that I still have and still adore! Rough beginning isn't it? :)



Then there was a time when I completely focus on my own wedding and preparation. I've made my wedding invitations, Love is sweet banner and all little badges for sweet table, menus, table plan, instruction how to use Instax, drink menu, place cards and many others! (I will show you few pictures at the end! :) ) And I need to admit I loved it! and what made me so proud was that all our quests were under huge impression and they really like it! So once my wedding past I just couldn't stop crafting :). I've started to do simple birthday cards now and then for my friends and family and suddenly I had so many occasions to do more and more!



And few months later I decided to buy cutting machine again but this time I knew how to use it and what accessories I needed (or maybe I was more aware of how much money I will start spending on cutting dies! It's really addictive you know?!). This time I bought cute green Cuttlebug as it was so compact and relatively cheap :). And roughly here the next part of my story began and it continue up till now :). I'm fully addicted to scrapbooking and I do have my beloved craft corner in the living room filled with much stash, papers, chipboards, ribbons, cutting dies and all other craft essentials :).

How did your scrap story began? Share in comment if you want! :)

Finally let me show you few pictures of my own wedding stationery- and remember it was my very first time with papercraft! :) Sorry for the quality of the photos- there were made quickly just for myself to remember what I've done, never though I will publish them! :) There were few more stuff I've made myself but unfortunately can find any pictures :(

Our guest book, Star Wars Theme as my husband is huge fan :)

No comments :

Post a Comment